pjeoq a6essaw
Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> The Playground -> It's All Fun & Games
Get the reference?
Show most recent post first
20 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > >>
AuthorPost
There may be such a film, but my quote is not from it.  The person who spoke my quote was the prime minister of Australia, speaking to a local candidate for MP, Bob McIntyre.

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #81   Back to top

It was worth a shot. I'll confess that I don't often watch Australian films. 
 #82   Back to top

Australia was providing transmission/reception capability for the television footage of the moon landing in the film (as I understand Australia did in real life).
 #83   Back to top

Ok, I did a little searching around and I came up with this: The Dish. I watched a couple clips. Looks like it'd be entertaining. That it?
 #84   Back to top

Quote: swampbear wrote at 1:33 PM on December 9, 2006:
Ok, I did a little searching around and I came up with this: The Dish. I watched a couple clips. Looks like it'd be entertaining. That it?

Swampbear got it!  (With a little help Smile)
 #85   Back to top

I needed the help. I'm also going to try to find that movie. It really does look interesting KOS. And now, on with the show....

If I didn't know you better, I'd swear you had some class!
 #86   Back to top

Quote: swampbear wrote at 9:57 PM on December 9, 2006:
If I didn't know you better, I'd swear you had some class!

I'm drawing a blank. . .
 #87   Back to top

Here's a hint... it's a classic 1970s movie.
 #88   Back to top

It's about time I knew one!!!  The name of that movie is The Sting.  I'm so happy, I finally knew one! w00t!

Happiness is just one curly fry away.  I'm thinking Arby's™
 #89   Back to top

YAY St. Jimmy! Your turn.
 #90   Back to top

Quote: St. Jimmy wrote at 9:34 PM on December 10, 2006:
It's about time I knew one!!!  The name of that movie is The Sting.  I'm so happy, I finally knew one! w00t!

Ah crikey, I should have known that then.  Who said it to whom?
 #91   Back to top

Quote: Мастер wrote at 12:58 AM on December 11, 2006:

Quote: St. Jimmy wrote at 9:34 PM on December 10, 2006:

Ah crikey, I should have known that then.  Who said it to whom?

AIR Louise Coleman said it to Johnny Hooker. That would be Ta-Tanisha to Robert Redford.
 #92   Back to top

"I prefer women because they don't prickle when you kiss them."

Hint: This film was spoken in French.

#93   Back to top

Delicatessen?

#94   Back to top

No.  Here's a few hints;  It's about a guy (Harry) who accidentally kills a dog owned by some guy with Down Syndrome (Georges).  Harry tries to help Georges find where Georges lives.   Sound familiar to anyone yet?  

#95   Back to top

noddacloo

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #96   Back to top

YOu guys want anothetr qlue or for me to just say the name of the movie and do a different reference?

#97   Back to top

Jimmy, I think I've seen it, but I'm TERRIBLE with remembering movie titles.  (that's what I have you for!)

I heart Ducky.  I stalk Ducky.  His hair is quite fluffy, and he makes good cookies.
 #98   Back to top

??????

I don't know it.

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #99   Back to top

Nobody knows the answer, let's get a new quote.

#100   Back to top

20 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > >>

Page generated in 0.5390 seconds using 13 queries.