pjeoq a6essaw
Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> The Playground -> It's All Fun & Games
Spot The Lie
Show most recent post first
64 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 > >>
AuthorPost

Quote: anyrose wrote at 11:18 AM on August 6, 2008:

Quote: Мастер wrote at 7:03 PM on August 5, 2008:
#4, since it is a misquote of Monty Python.

It started out as a typo, but I was feeling whimsical.  And you're correct - I'll be driving

It's, one, two, five Smile

But:

#1 Criminals hired by my employer entered my office and attacked my computer, destroying important data, this week.

#2 I rode my bicycle to work every day this week.

#3 My left hand is currently numb, due to poor fit of the hand grip on my bicycle.

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #941   Back to top

#2 - you had Wednesday off

(and yes, I know the correct quote, I also know the modified version from Spamalot the musical, the score of which I have memorized and can sing all parts) (I'm a MP nerd)

@->     =^.^=
 #942   Back to top

I hope 1 & 3 are both false, but I'll take 1.

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #943   Back to top

#3.  Your hand is numb because you've been playing X-rated Wii games for 28 hours straight. Laughing  Laughing 

With glamour girls/You'll never click/Bewhiskered like/a Bolshevik/ Burma-Shave
 #944   Back to top

Quote: anyrose wrote at 1:24 PM on August 9, 2008:
#2 - you had Wednesday off

It is #2, because I drove in on Tuesday.

#1 is true - these individuals are believed to work for a shadowy black ops unit known as computing.  #3 is also true.  I will try raising the handlebars, and if that doesn't improve the situation, get new hand grips.

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #945   Back to top

Next month, I will
1) have been with my company 27 years
2) be moving to a new residence
3) turn 50

@->     =^.^=
Last edited by anyrose on August 11, 2008 11:07 AM #946   Back to top

#1.  It's actually 2.7 years. Wink 

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
Last edited by anyrose on August 11, 2008 11:08 AM #947   Back to top

It's number three. No woman ever admits to that! Laughing 
 #948   Back to top

#2 by default

#949   Back to top

#2 it is.

#1 - I started there in 1981 and am still on the bottom rung - but who needs middle management headaches.

#3 - wanna see my drivers' license?

Your turn to lie, again, KOS

@->     =^.^=
Last edited by anyrose on August 11, 2008 11:07 AM #950   Back to top

I have a new name Smile

#1  I had a beef fajita for lunch Friday.

#2  The persistent numbness in my left hand, due to overly vigorous bicycle riding on a bicycle that probably doesn't fit me properly, has finally stopped.

#3  I am wearing a "Beijing 2008" Olympics t-shirt right now.

#951   Back to top

#3  You're just wearing a leather thong.  Evil grin 

#952   Back to top

#1 - someone threw a beef frajita at you on Friday

@->     =^.^=
 #953   Back to top

Number two. True you have persistent numbness in your left hand due to excessive monkey spankin'.

Some kind of dancing primate.  Some kind of dancing primate.  Some kind of dancing primate. 
 #954   Back to top

Swampy's turn, for the wrong reason.  The numbness in my left hand (which is a result of my recent increase in bicycle riding, from 0 to 30 km per day) persists.

#955   Back to top

Well ick about the numbness then Mac. BTW... there a reason behind the name change? Really nosy inquiring minds wanna know.

Ok, lies....

1. I laid out at the pool all today today.
2. I went to the grocery store and bought stuff even though I didn't need to today.
3. There are four unsharpened pencils laying on my desk right now.
 #956   Back to top

3. There would never be unsharpened pencils on your desk.

??????  - perhaps you should ask your doctor to test you for carpal tunnel syndrome.  It's not just for typists, you know.

@->     =^.^=
 #957   Back to top

#1 You went out into the swamp and wrestled a gator.

#958   Back to top

Quote: swampbear wrote at 12:08 AM on August 17, 2008:
Well ick about the numbness then Mac. BTW... there a reason behind the name change? Really nosy inquiring minds wanna know.

There is a bit of information about it here.  Just time for a change - most people didn't get the old name anyway.  (Although they probably won't get the new name either Smile)

Quote: swampbear wrote at 12:08 AM on August 17, 2008:
Ok, lies....

1. I laid out at the pool all today today.
2. I went to the grocery store and bought stuff even though I didn't need to today.
3. There are four unsharpened pencils laying on my desk right now.

Hmm, let's see - #1 and #3 involve a person not taking action when there are presumably actions to be taken, whereas #2 involves  a person taking action when the action does not need to be taken.  I'm going to go with #2...

Quote: anyrose wrote at 2:18 AM on August 17, 2008:
??????  - perhaps you should ask your doctor to test you for carpal tunnel syndrome.  It's not just for typists, you know.

If it doesn't get better soon, I will...

#959   Back to top

It's number one. It was cloudy all day so no pool lying about was done.

Lie to us doggio!
 #960   Back to top

64 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 > >>

Page generated in 1.3390 seconds using 13 queries.