pjeoq a6essaw
Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> The Playground -> It's All Fun & Games
Spartacus
Show most recent post first
31 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > >>
AuthorPost
Luke... Spartacus is your father. It's true.

"You don't adopt a wheel just for fun." ~ dragoncat

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #101   Back to top

Wow, 100 Spartacus posts in only thirteen days.  It took Illuminati-R-Us over three weeks to reach that milestone.  A review from IRU:

Not really, this is like the most randomly stupid, yet brilliant games we have...you gotta love it!

Now there's a ringing endorsement!

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #102   Back to top

Quote: Мастер wrote at 8:38 AM on October 14, 2006:
Wow, 100 Spartacus posts in only thirteen days.  It took Illuminati-R-Us over three weeks to reach that milestone.

Wow, cool! Smile 
 #103   Back to top

Spartacus RuELz!!!
 #104   Back to top

It's the Spartacus that ate New York!

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #105   Back to top

::Spartacus bump::

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #106   Back to top

I prefer Peter Ustinov to Kirk Douglas.
 #107   Back to top

Quote: troubleagain wrote at 1:41 PM on October 18, 2006:
::Spartacus bump::

Spartacus says "ouchacus."
 #108   Back to top

::gives Spartacus an ice-pack::  Big grin

-------------------
Last edited by troubleagain on October 18, 2006 8:05 PM #109   Back to top

Multas gratias dat Spartacus.

I hope I didn't flub up the grammar.

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #110   Back to top

And Spartacus would know that....how?

-------------------
 #111   Back to top

Because Spartacus is fluent in Latin. Big grin

(Shoot. I just made it impossible for me to claim to be Spartacus anymore.)

#112   Back to top

Quote: umop wrote at 9:54 PM on October 19, 2006:
Because Spartacus is fluent in Latin. Big grin

(Shoot. I just made it impossible for me to claim to be Spartacus anymore.)

Do you feel there is some rule of logic that now prevents this?  We're pretty free and easy about logic in this thread Smile
 #113   Back to top

She wants a reason to not participate anymore. lol

The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them, knowing you can't have them.
 #114   Back to top

Quote: Dragon Star wrote at 2:55 AM on October 20, 2006:
She wants a reason to not participate anymore. lol

No I don't.  Neener Actually I've been trying to think of something clever to post here. It's just that if I'm not fluent in Latin, then I can't be Spartacus. Ooh, I know...

‘ίσως Σπάρτακος ευ λέγει τά ‘Ελληνικά.

Laughing 
 #115   Back to top

Quote: umop wrote at 3:21 AM on October 20, 2006:
No I don't.  Neener Actually I've been trying to think of something clever to post here. It's just that if I'm not fluent in Latin, then I can't be Spartacus. Ooh, I know...

‘ίσως Σπάρτακος ευ λέγει τά ‘Ελληνικά.

Laughing

Are you sure about this?  He was from Thrace. . .
 #116   Back to top

Quote: Wikipedia wrote:
Many sources claim that Spartacus was a Thracian, enslaved either when he was captured fighting against Rome or after being outlawed for mutinying or deserting from the Roman auxiliary forces in Macedonia. (The auxiliary forces were made up entirely of men from subject lands who willingly fought for the Romans.) Whether he was actually a Thracian is debated. While the Roman army was indeed campaigning in Thrace and Macedonia at the age Spartacus was likely to have been enslaved, Roman gladiators at that time were always one of two types: Gauls and Thracians. One did not actually have to be a Gaul or Thracian in order to be trained in one of the two schools of gladiatorial style, so Spartacus may have later become known as "Thracian" simply because he was trained in the Thracian gladiator style. Plutarch described Spartacus as "intelligent and cultured, being more like a Greek than a Thracian".[1] Spartacus means "from the city of Sparta" in Latin. [2]

(bolding mine)

Hmmm. Sparta itself was a city in Greece, and a Spartan was known as a Λακεδαιμόνιος. Therefore Spartacus more than likely ευ έλεξε τά ‘Ελληνικά (spoke Greek well) after all! How's that for a lucky guess. Stick out tongue

In which case, unless someone else here speaks the language, it follows that Σπάρτακός ειμι. Laughing

#117   Back to top

Quote: umop wrote at 5:11 AM on October 20, 2006:
Hmmm. Sparta itself was a city in Greece, and a Spartan was known as a Λακεδαιμόνιος. Therefore Spartacus more than likely ευ έλεξε τά ‘Ελληνικά (spoke Greek well) after all! How's that for a lucky guess. Stick out tongue

In which case, unless someone else here speaks the language, it follows that Σπάρτακός ειμι. Laughing

Glad to have been able to help out, Spartaca  Smile 
 #118   Back to top

Spartacus returns from his bidness trip!
 #119   Back to top

*I* am Spartacus, and I am just too kool for skool.

-------------------
 #120   Back to top

31 pages: << < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 > >>

Page generated in -0.340 seconds using 13 queries.