Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> Nuts & Bolts -> Forum Issues
By popular demand....
Show most recent post first
2 pages: 1 2 > >>
AuthorPost
:geek: = Geek

"You don't adopt a wheel just for fun." ~ dragoncat

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #1   Back to top

Big grin 

With glamour girls/You'll never click/Bewhiskered like/a Bolshevik/ Burma-Shave
 #2   Back to top

Geek  Yay! Thanks!

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #3   Back to top

Of course! Geek

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #4   Back to top

Saayyyyyyy....why is there a stereotype that geeks wear glasses*?  Geek

*Besides the fact that so many of us do..... Laughing 

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #5   Back to top

Hmmm...I must be in the minority of geeks then, I don't wear glasses, I got me some of them der fancy contacts. Big grin   but I don't really like them too much so I'm switching back to glasses in the summer. Geek

Happiness is just one curly fry away.  I'm thinking Arby's™
 #6   Back to top

Well, one whose nose is always buried in a book/calculator/computer screen/game console is more likely to develop nearsightedness. Big grin

Quote: St. Jimmy wrote at 1:34 AM on February 27, 2007:
I'm switching back to glasses in the summer. Geek

Cool! Thumbs up 

#7   Back to top

I have contacts, too, Jimmy, but I only wear them about once during the week, more on weekends.  Since I hit 40, the whole "bifocal" thing has kicked in, and using the computer while wearing contacts isn't so easy.

-------------------
 #8   Back to top

I remember my first pair of glasses.  I got them in 1st grade.  I went to school the first day with my new glasses and said, "Oh, so you're supposed to be able to read the board!  Who knew?"
 #9   Back to top

Mine was more of "Hey, I can see the individual leaves on the trees!" Laughing 

-------------------
 #10   Back to top

Quote: troubleagain wrote at 5:23 PM on February 28, 2007:

Ever been on an airplane and hear the person next to you say that?

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #11   Back to top

I never got glasses until I was sprayed in the eyes with window cleaner.  ever since my eyesight has gotten worse and worse and worse.  Now everything gets bbblbllluulrruuryyryyy (Blurry) pat my elbow.  Bleh.

Happiness is just one curly fry away.  I'm thinking Arby's™
 #12   Back to top

Wow.  That sucks the big one.  You have my sympathy.
 #13   Back to top

Quote: Мастер wrote at 2:52 AM on March 1, 2007:

Quote: troubleagain wrote at 5:23 PM on February 28, 2007:

Ever been on an airplane and hear the person next to you say that?

No, and that would be bad, I think. Wink 

-------------------
 #14   Back to top

The people look so tin and blurry. Just like the inside of a cataract. ~ Abe Simpson

#15   Back to top

Quote: St. Jimmy wrote at 1:34 AM on February 27, 2007:
Hmmm...I must be in the minority of geeks then, I don't wear glasses, I got me some of them der fancy contacts. Big grin   but I don't really like them too much so I'm switching back to glasses in the summer. Geek

Big grin  Excited  Laughing   YAY!  I like glasses.  I don't need them personally, but I'm really attracted to them (and people with them).  I have like 13 pairs of sunglasses.  I have no idea why I need so many, but my gosh, I love those things so much.

I'm considering going to Hot Topic and buying those frames that have non-corrective clear lenses just to wear because I like the things so much.

Hey, Jimmy in like 2017, we'll take you to the eye-doctor and see what the guy can do with corrective laser surgery.  Maybe you'll be less blindful.

--Dom

I heart Ducky.  I stalk Ducky.  His hair is quite fluffy, and he makes good cookies.
 #16   Back to top

Quote: hippietrekx wrote at 4:56 AM on March 4, 2007:
I'm considering going to Hot Topic and buying those frames that have non-corrective clear lenses just to wear because I like the things so much.

Cool! I'd probably be one to go and do something like that too if I didn't need prescription lenses. Big grin

#17   Back to top

Quote: St. Jimmy wrote at 5:05 AM on March 1, 2007:
I never got glasses until I was sprayed in the eyes with window cleaner.  ever since my eyesight has gotten worse and worse and worse.  Now everything gets bbblbllluulrruuryyryyy (Blurry) pat my elbow.  Bleh.

Damn, that's terrible. Did someone do that to you on purpose or was it an accident?

#18   Back to top

It was on purpose.  Jimmy glares at the kids that did it every time they go past us on their bikes.

I have the urge to jump out, bite them and yell "MY JIMMY!  BAD!"

But that's just me.

I heart Ducky.  I stalk Ducky.  His hair is quite fluffy, and he makes good cookies.
 #19   Back to top

That's awful Jimmy. I say you let Hippietrax bite 'em! Sic 'em! Big grin

At my last eye exam the Optometrist gave me a compliment, at least I think he did. See, I need glasses for driving cause out there is kinda fuzzy but up close if fine. He said he's surprised that I don't need bifocals. Actually he told me he could put a little bifocal in if I wanted but that my near vision is really good and it'd just bother me more than it'd be useful. The ummm... compliment was... to say that I'm over fifty and didn't I know that everybody over fifty is supposed to need bifocals.  Scratching chin Ok, I know the guy so I know he was kiddin' me but still... Dubious 
 #20   Back to top

2 pages: 1 2 > >>

Page generated in 0.1854 seconds using 13 queries.