pjeoq a6essaw
Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> The Playground -> It's All Fun & Games
Upside Down Assassins? su!ssessV perhaps?
Show opening post first
2 pages: 1 2 > >>
AuthorPost
Clarification - if your target says the kill word, make sure you PM me.  If you don't, your kill may (will?) go unnoticed.  If your target says the kill word, but you don't tell me prior to your own demise, then your target has had a fortunate escape...

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #1   Back to top

Rules have been modified to fix an inconsistency about posting frequency.  The rule is, at least once a week.  If you don't post in the game play thread at least once a week, you're dead...

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #2   Back to top

Rules, shamelessly plagiarized from IRU (with slight modification):

Overview

The basic premise is that each player has a target and is trying to "assassinate" their target by getting them to post a particular word. In turn, each player will also have an assassin who is trying to get them to post a word. All players will be arranged in a circle so that everyone has one target and one assassin. All game play will take place in a designated play thread, and only posts in that thread will count as a "kill". Each player must post at least once per week in the game thread; failure to do so constitutes assassination.  Every so often I'll assign new words - any one word is sufficient to eliminate a player.

Ask all the leading questions you want, but be careful - if your target figures you out they can counterassassinate you. Rule of Counterassassination: To kill your assassin, you must publicly name them and the word or one of the words you think they are trying to get you to say. (Just say "I think so-and-so is trying to get me to say x" or put the words "counterassassination attempt" in your post.) If you guess the right word but the wrong assassin, or if you make 3 wrong guesses in a row (without assassinating or counterassassinating anyone) you will be eliminated.

If you assassinate a player, that is, get them to post their word in the game play thread, PM me and I'll verify the kill. Your next target is the player your target was hunting. If you counterassassinate your assassin, your new assassin is whoever was hunting them.

Anyone can join the game; anyone can post, regardless of their status in the game or even if they are not in the game at all. The game ends when there is only one assassin left alive. At this time, I will announce the winner and post a quick overview of the game play.

Remember, folks, it's just a game - and most of all, it's supposed to be fun, so ask questions and make conversation. All but one player is going to post their word, and I won't point and laugh at the first player eliminated. Because each player is depending on their target to post, I will eliminate anyone who posts less than once a week - this is the Rule of Posting Frequency. Also, be honest - if you realize you've said your word, don't edit your post.

Special Roles

Designated Decoy

There may or may not be one Designated Decoy. The Designated Decoy's identity will be kept secret, and they will be given a list of all the players' kill words but not told who is playing or which words are whose. They will not be part of the circle and therefore will not have an assassin or kill words. I will be counting on the decoy to keep the thread going if ever it should slow down too much.

Miscellaneous Rules

I will not reveal the exact number of players during play, nor the identity or status of any player if at all possible. Kill words and targets must, for obvious reasons, be kept secret. Don't tell anyone you've killed them, or your status in the game, or whether a counterassassination attempt was successful, etc.

Your kill word will work whether or not you are in conversation with your assassin, or even if your assassin has not yet posted. Even James Bond probably walked into a door sometime.

If you quote someone and the quote contains your kill word, this does not count as a kill. The word must have originated from your keyboard in order to kill you.

Words which are forms of or derivatives of a kill word count as a kill. "Risk" will match "risky" and "catch" will match "caught", but "cat" will not match "concatenation". Referee's decision is final.

I will PM each player with their target and the word that will kill their target. When a kill is made I will PM the assassinated with the word that killed them, and the assassin with their new target and word(s). When a counterassassination attempt is made, I will send the player a PM to tell them if the guess was right or wrong. If correct, I will then inform the counterassassinated player's assassin of their new target and kill word(s). Even after your "demise" in the game, I would prefer that you continue to post to the thread because it keeps the conversation interesting.

Last edited by Мастер on September 12, 2007 8:35 PM #3   Back to top

Yay more players!

I mean, more victims to catch before my upcoming win. Cool

"You don't adopt a wheel just for fun." ~ dragoncat

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #4   Back to top

I'll try.

-dog "Luca Brazi" butler

With glamour girls/You'll never click/Bewhiskered like/a Bolshevik/ Burma-Shave
 #5   Back to top

You can throw me in if you're still short. 

The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them, knowing you can't have them.
 #6   Back to top

OK, I'll be getting started soon.  One of the participants hasn't been here in a couple weeks - I hope that person didn't get assassinated for real!

#7   Back to top

OK, anyone else want to join up before we get started?

#8   Back to top

Yay!

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #9   Back to top

I've never played before, but I guess I'll give it a try.

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #10   Back to top

I'd say we still need more people for a viable game.  Anyone else interested?

#11   Back to top

Quote: Inner Stickler wrote at 4:27 PM on September 3, 2007:
(I like your signature.  If it were a t-shirt I would totally buy it.)

Thank you! Big grin It's something I thought up on a work day, know how that goes.

#12   Back to top

A few more people would still be helpful.  Don't be shy, it's not like you get killed by playing.  Oh, well, actually, it is like that...

#13   Back to top

Thanks.

(I like your signature.  If it were a t-shirt I would totally buy it.)
 #14   Back to top

Welcome back! Smile 

#15   Back to top

I wouldn't mind trying again.  I totally failed the one game I played at IRU.  Maybe I can redeem myself here.  Oh, by the way, I'm back.  (Senior year was busy and my priorities kinda went splat.)

Because instant gratification isn't fast enough.  That's why.
 #16   Back to top

We need more people.  Sign up!

#17   Back to top

Come on, don't be shy, sign right up...

#18   Back to top

I would, but Welcome week at school is approaching, and I'm not going to have time to reply to e-mails as often as I like, much less play.  Maybe round 2. Smile

I heart Ducky.  I stalk Ducky.  His hair is quite fluffy, and he makes good cookies.
 #19   Back to top

KOS has volunteered to be our referee this round. So, any further stealth players, don't direct your PMs to me - send them to him!

---------------

I'm in! Big grin

#20   Back to top

2 pages: 1 2 > >>

Page generated in 0.1717 seconds using 15 queries.