Welcome, GuestToday's PostsSearchInterestsHelpRulesRegisterLog In
umop ap!sdn's site -> pjeoq a6essaw -> The Playground -> It's All Fun & Games
It's a god-awful small affair
Show most recent post first
2 pages: 1 2 > >>
AuthorPost
To the girl with the mousy hair

(let's see how this one does here)

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #1   Back to top

But her mummy is yelling "No"
And her daddy has told her to go
 #2   Back to top

But her friend is nowhere to be seen
Now she walks through her sunken dream

As it flew, an idea formed itself in the Procurator's mind, which was now bright and clear. It was this: the hegemon had examined the case of the vagrant philosopher Yeshua, surnamed Ha-Notsri, and could not substantiate the criminal charge made against him. In particular he could not find the slightest connection between Yeshua's actions and the recent disorders in Jerusalem. The vagrant philosopher was mentally ill, as a result of which the sentence of death pronounced on Ha-Notsri by the Lesser Sanhedrin would not be confirmed. But in view of the danger of unrest liable to be caused by Yeshua's mad, utopian preaching, the Procurator would remove the man from Jerusalem and sentence him to imprisonment in Caesarea Stratonova on the Mediterranean — the place of the Procurator's own residence. It only remained to dictate this to the secretary.
 #3   Back to top

To the seat with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the silver screen
 #4   Back to top

But the film is a saddening bore
For she's lived it ten times or more

#5   Back to top

She could spit in the eyes of fools
As they ask her to focus on

KOS you reckon we're the only David Bowie fans around here?
 #6   Back to top

Quote: swampbear wrote at 9:59 PM on April 6, 2008:
KOS you reckon we're the only David Bowie fans around here?

They just have to make way for the Homo Superior.

At the moment, I am rather tanked, although if you are a company man, I fear to report that it is not from a Budweiser product...

But onward and upward:

Sailors, fighting in the dance hall
Oh man, look at those cavemen go!

#7   Back to top

It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman
Beating up the wrong guy

ETA: It was Miller I worked for, but no more.
 #8   Back to top

Quote: swampbear wrote at 1:25 PM on April 13, 2008:
ETA: It was Miller I worked for, but no more.

Hmm.  Faulty memory on my part then...well, it wasn't a Miller product either Smile

Oh man!  Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show.

#9   Back to top

Is there life on Mars?

KOS just what prompted you to start this thread? Just curious is all.
 #10   Back to top

Well, I started the same thread here:

http://www.illuminati-r-us.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=3234&start=0

and thought I'd see how it went here.  If you ask me why I started it the first time, I don't know.  Probably I had just listened to the song in the car before coming home and posting Smile

My all-time most successful pointless thread though has to be "Spartacus"  Big grin

#11   Back to top

I am Sparta....oh, wait, wrong thread.

Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #12   Back to top

Quote: troubleagain wrote at 12:19 AM on April 14, 2008:
I am Sparta....oh, wait, wrong thread.

It's on Amerika's tortured brow
That Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow

#13   Back to top

Mickey had a gender change?

"You don't adopt a wheel just for fun." ~ dragoncat

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #14   Back to top

Well, she had a girly-voice, anyway, but those big hands are a tell, wouldn't you say? Laughing 

-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
 #15   Back to top

i don't get this one. Is knowledge of Bowie lyrics mandatory, or are we just contributing couplets?

@->     =^.^=
 #16   Back to top

Quote: anyrose wrote at 1:05 AM on April 16, 2008:
i don't get this one. Is knowledge of Bowie lyrics mandatory, or are we just contributing couplets?

It was supposed to be lyrics from Life on Mars, but some of the recent entrants have taken it off format...

#17   Back to top

ta, you have a point about the hands! Big grin 

"You don't adopt a wheel just for fun." ~ dragoncat

I before E except after C, or your weird caffeinated neighbor Sheila will seize your protein for leisure.
 #18   Back to top

(sorry)

-------------------
 #19   Back to top

Quote: troubleagain wrote at 2:45 PM on April 16, 2008:
(sorry)

Don't apologize, just post the next two lines Smile

#20   Back to top

2 pages: 1 2 > >>

Page generated in 0.0566 seconds using 12 queries.